Friday, December 16, 2011
Monday, August 03, 2009
A few of the blogs are justified to say the least, a but a few wherein the so –called NRK’s take pride in generalizing mallu’s and disassociating themselves, seems so pathetic. But being one amongst the “most ridiculed tribe n blogosphere” I would like to put in my thoughts of the so-called rotten apples who really bring a bad name to our kind.
I am not one, who would take offense, or feel it is wrong , when you see a pretty sexy face, and you ask me to take a look at her, cos I myself might indulge in something similar. But then I really feel sorry for u my friend, when you brag in vain about the number of girl’s u have bedded. When u boast that “Girls are only god for one thing”(Post Kambakth Ishq I must add),sorry to say this but it only reflects your upbringing. That definitely is not what manliness is all about my friend.. If by any chance you stumble upon this blog, do realize that this is about you. Guess it is your attempt at getting noticed, a way of overcoming your inferiority complexes. I really feel this has more to do with your small town complex, where all those homely girls might have spurned your advances, and you might have consoled yourselves saying that “In other countries girls are different”. My heart really goes out to those dumb wits that trusted you with their lives, without knowing what an a** you are. I’m sure with all these matrimonial sites and broker systems in place, you too would eventually get a mallu girl, who again like many other before, would trust u with their lives. My heart goes out to that poor girl. And to add to that your pseudo-traditional thoughts, of ” how to marry a divorcee” or “what if my wife is not a virgin”, makes you sound so small and disgusting. So before it is too late, grow up my dear friend. On top of all this you have it in you to look down upon others as uneducated illiterate good-for-nothings.. If this is what education and literacy did to you, I am ashamed to know that I was once a part of the system.”. If only your parent’s had instilled some of those thought’s in you.
Get a Life Mr. A. (“Girls are not just good for one thing. Pray you didn’t think the same about your sister, and mother.”).Mr A lives on.
Monday, February 02, 2009
The link above show one envious,jealous old man venting his fury at A.R Rahman for not composing Ghazals in "Rang De basanti" ,Jaane Tu ya Jaane Na" and like,and put the audience into sleep very much like this man would have done given the chance and a dumb producer.There is a complex very much malayalee namely "Perunthachan complex",but then this was cos Peruntachan was a master sculptor himself and couldn't stand his son achieving more fame and recognition.In this case it would be wrong to use that as Jagjit Singh for his part has nothing in mainstream Bollywood,nor the magic of say Ar rahman.ARR for his part has numerous works that has transcended all the linguistic divisions of the country and above all a "MAA TUJHE SALAM" that virtually is a modern day "Jana Gana Mana".
At a time when most of the nation is/should be extremely proud of the Three Oscar Nominations ,in come this old man who has sung a lot of successful ghazals ,and challenges ARR,refusing to admit the real genius that he is .I admit AR is no GOD and not beyond Criticism.But then there is a fine line between Criticism and Abuse.When Mahesh Bhatt says tht "Jai Ho" is not ARR's best ,that is criticism.What this guy does in this video is blatantly abuse and challenge AR..Anyway hope ARR doesn't heed any attention to all these jealous minds and continue giving us great music as he has been doing all the while.(And yeah it wld be an offense not to mention the Soundtrack of Dilli6 ,which is a "RDB" in the making.Masakali and the title track is just awesome.)
Yet another classic comedy from priyadarsan.Guess they denied him the right to remake it to hindi or malayalam(Guess a "Dharavi Kutta ban gaya Crorepati" OR CHERI-PATTI KODEESWARAN (with Mohanlal as Jamal ) was already on his mind :)
Note:My music knowledge might not be extensive nor am i an expert on Ragaas.But to like ARR and his music i doubt u need to be one.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Abhinav Bindra...You did us proud. A country of 1billion now has 1 gold medalist, a new poster boy who for a change doesn’t play cricket. A gold medal that was long deserving for a country. During childhood, a naive me always used to look through the medal standings and used to be disappointed seeing that my country was never in the list. Just like your dreams and your parent’s dreams, you have fulfilled a generation's dream for sure.
A dissection for the victory would clearly show the lack of support from the local authorities .if it wasn’t for a rich father and a talented coach it is highly unlikely that we would all have seen an Indian Flag be raised high above the others at
1. Report Card-The dreaded yellow piece of paper that had followed me through 12 years of school life. I believe that the fear of the card has molded my likings to the whole world of cards. barring the first 4 years or something of my academic life I believe there hasn’t been much tht i could cheer about when ever I got this card (C’mon Jose uncle never used to have his report card to who used to stay for every second trip & who was first in the line for collecting the much loved BABA batJ), Rather the first though tht would pass through my mind was of finding a proper location to hide this until the teacher demands it back. Getting the thing signed by my dear parents wasn’t that tough an ask, cos every time the progress card was presented 10 minutes before I had to leave to school.Tht was the safest way to negotiate and persuade your parents to sing the damn wretched thing, and that evening would be one when u prayed the electricity staff to go on a power strike.
2. WWF Trump cards-This was really something that had caught the teens of TVM by the scruff of their neck. There used to be a huge demand for WWF trump cards,WWF sticker’s ,T shirts featuring Luke and Butch!!!(if they ever featured in WWF is an enigma)and all those weird wrestling things. Schools had to impose strict bans on bringing trump cards or for that matter even WWF sticker's to school. But my memories of this breed was the great one sided Trump card games we used to have during intervals.Rahul Albert -the daring, rebellious friend of mine would always bring his pack .This automatically gave him the right to be the one to shuffle the cards and divide it, and every time the cards were divided it was never surprising that Hulk Hogan and yokozuna would never find a place in our hand. Well for those of you who wouldn’t know what hulk and Yokzuna meant, the cricketing equivalent would be having Murali and mendis in your team while playing against the current Indian cricket team. I have still no idea what brought about this craze for WWF superstars whereby Bret hart and Shawn Michaels became the hot topics of the discussion. And yeah as it was always the "elders" in the class used to have a script of their own .I still remember one close buddy of mine telling me that Andre the giant had died by bursting his biceps:).The height of this craze was well highlighted when during one of our serious class quiz sessions conducted during our L.A period an innocent and naive anoop p walked right to the front and asked"Class,What is the Biceps of Scott Steiner’. That really stumped Geetha Maam and the whole class burst into laughter.
3. Centerfresh Cricket Cards-This was another set of cards that replaced the craze for WWF trump cards. I dun remember us really playing something with these card but it was more of a collection thingy. If my memory doesn't fail me, Richard Haldee was the rarest. But like all crazes this too died a slow death. yet another waste of parent’s hard earned money.
4. Pepsi Stuff cards-. I almost forgot this thing. This was probably the first coolest”yo” collection in every youths’ wallet. This gave you some privileges is shops in Andheri and Connaught Place. !!!!!!Why make i. Well the pepsi stuff card was one of its kinds during our teenage. But still the Ad campaign had caught the frenzy of the youth and soon Pepsi crowns, something the local “aaakri” would also not collect was in hot demand. Well to get a stuff card u needed to get 50 pepsi crowns and 25 rs cash...And for those 50 crowns i still remember searching the waste baskets Chinnu’s Restaurant. :(
Credit Cards and Identity cards do not come under this category as they seldom give you good dreams and sweet nostalgia.Oh yeah and By the way please refrain yourself from self inflicted torture by giving Sing is King a miss…Worthless horrible Movie.
Sunday, July 06, 2008
Well finally I did it.This is for one great human being who had tagged me some 3 months ago. Managed to shake off all the demons and made it to complete the Tag. The first and hopefully the last of its kind :)
1. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATRE:
Jaane Tu Ya jaane NA..A cute love story,Genelia was just mind blowing,and the songs have been playing non stop on my i pod since seeing them on big screen.
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
Just Finished Reading AKBARNAMA by Abu Fazl.Now moving on to "American history"by George Washington.(For those lucky souls who know me well,i hope u get the true picture)
3. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
I guess carom is considered a board game, if not then has to be Monopoly.
4. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
Men’s health, Sportstar, Tinkle, Balarama, Poombatta.
5. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Paala Poovinte manam..I have this thing for malayali Ghosts.
6. FAVORITE SOUND?
Shreya Ghosal when she croons Jaadu hai nasha hai,also the sound of raindrops ,
7. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
Parting with your friends and family after spending a good part of 16 years together(too personal i guess,but still that is one of the worst that comes to mind)
8. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE?
Why not brush tmrw and sleep for another five minutes…
9. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
All those Thattukada’s and Kalavara in Trivandrum.Go India in Singapore.
10. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?
My girl would definitely be Dia.
11. FINISH THIS STATEMENT. "IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D...?
Remake Jab We Met in Malayalam with me in the Lead, Kareena as the female lead. Given away free tickets, planted big hoardings featuring me all over kerala
Buy an IPL team and be the Captain, Own a horse stable. (If only.)
12. DO YOU DRIVE FAST?
It is hard to drive slowly on Auto-gear vehicles(I have a Lie-Sense u see).
13. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
14. STORMS-COOL OR SCARY?
Never came across one. I pray it would be cool.
15. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
A Maruti 800 luxury car.
16. FAVORITE DRINK?
Bonji Vellam,Milo(chilled and hot).And if by chance in a spore pub ,the safest choice of vodka lime(cos the guys save on vodka by giving us lime juice OTR)
17. FINISH THIS STATEMENT, "IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD
have done some research and invented some onion peeling and slicing machine(the most horrendous task while cooking,and with my lacrimal glands having this affinity to onions,they work overtime)
18. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?
Never…. Not even Broccoli…and by the way I had to Google to find out what exactly this thing was.
19. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
Well I just highlighted my hair with light Brown.
20. NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN.
21. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Cricket, Soccer, Tennis,Horse Racing I just love watching sports
22. ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU.
Adorable Cute Sis.(that makes it two)
23. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
Some Betting slips and a few magazines. The local Cockroach does drop by to say "hello".
24. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN?
Well diplomatically Yes…But I wouldn’t complain if I was to take a rebirth as Emraan hashmi or for that matter any of those Hollywood heroes.
25. MORNING PERSON, OR NIGHT OWL?
A Night Owl. I can’t wake up early in the morning unless it is for watching Cricket or soccer.
26. OVER EASY, OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
Over Easy (given that the other choice is sunny side up).
27. FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX
On my Mum’s Lap.
28. FAVORITE PIE?
I hate Pie’s
29. FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Chocolate flavor any day any time.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
I guess this is one feeling that grips a person even more when he is away in a foreign land, from his dear one’s (personal definition). So I did some further search to find this particular song that has defined the nostalgic concept of many a malayalee. A gem from ONV kurupp, which gives me an unrivaled high each and every time I read it. One masterpiece that takes me back to my childhood, my school days and all those things, which I treasure the most.
Oru vattam koodi ennormmakal meyunna
Thirumuttathoru konil nilkkunnora nelli
Maram onnuluthuvan moham
Adarunna kaymanikal pozhiyumbol
Chenneduth athilonnu thinnuvan moham
Sughamezhum kaippum pulippum madhuravum
Nukaruvan eppozhum moham
Thodiyile kinar vellam kori kudich
Enthu madhuram ennothuvan moham
Veruthe irunnoru kuyilinte pattu kettu
Ethir pattu paduvan moham
Athu kelkke uchathil kookum kuyilinte
Shruthi pinthudaruvan moham
Oduvil pinangi parannupom pakshiyodu
Aruthe ennothuvan moham
Veruthe ee mohangal ennariyumbozhum
Veruthe mohikkuvan moham