Sunday, March 16, 2008

Nostalgia

A quick Google surprisingly didn't spring me the desired meaning for the title word. After some advanced searching i found something that struck me, somebody defined nostalgia as 'Nostalgia' is a regret at no longer having something that was in the past, which you were very fond of.
I guess this is one feeling that grips a person even more when he is away in a foreign land, from his dear one’s (personal definition). So I did some further search to find this particular song that has defined the nostalgic concept of many a malayalee. A gem from ONV kurupp, which gives me an unrivaled high each and every time I read it. One masterpiece that takes me back to my childhood, my school days and all those things, which I treasure the most.

Oru vattam koodi ennormmakal meyunna
Thirumuttathethuvan moham
Thirumuttathoru konil nilkkunnora nelli
Maram onnuluthuvan moham
Adarunna kaymanikal pozhiyumbol
Chenneduth athilonnu thinnuvan moham
Sughamezhum kaippum pulippum madhuravum
Nukaruvan eppozhum moham

Thodiyile kinar vellam kori kudich
Enthu madhuram ennothuvan moham
Veruthe irunnoru kuyilinte pattu kettu
Ethir pattu paduvan moham
Athu kelkke uchathil kookum kuyilinte
Shruthi pinthudaruvan moham
Oduvil pinangi parannupom pakshiyodu
Aruthe ennothuvan moham

Veruthe ee mohangal ennariyumbozhum
Veruthe mohikkuvan moham

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work bro..

nestpa said...

a gem really...

Neens said...

Nice....